Did you know walking is equally beneficial as running? Research shows that- walking regularly reduces the chance of high blood pressure, and high cholesterol significantly. Whether you love to walk miles after miles, or soon to go on a trip, or a runner who is recovering from a foot injury, you need the best city and urban walking shoes.
We focus on our running shoes so much, we often forget about the walking shoes and their importance, even though we spend most of our time walking. So, it’s high time you know about some of our favorite walking shoes selected just for you!
Top 4 Comparison Chart of City Walking Shoes
Best City and Urban Walking Shoes: Top 5 Reviews
1. Clarks Step Urban Mix Men’s Shoes
- Heel Height 1.41 inches
- Clarks Cloudsteppers
- Removable OrthoLite footbed
- Cushion Soft technology
Right after slipping your feet in the Clarks Step Urban Shoes, you will feel the pleasant feeling you look for in walking shoes. These sporty sneakers are super lightweight and full of versatility- Cloudsteppers by Clarks give you unbelievable underfoot and overall comfort. Thanks to the multi-layer Cushion Soft technology paired with Removable Ortholite padding will make you feel like walking on air.
The lining and upper are made with high-quality flexible textile that snug to your feet. For a more personalized fit, the lace-up fastening works like a charm! The TPR outsoles are designed to make your walking easier. The footbeds aren’t removable, but Clarks inserted the Ortholite footbeds that wick the moisture away and the open-cell technology minimizes any harmful impact with every step.
But what about the outlook? Well, Clarks is well-known for making casual shoes for decades. Like any other best city and urban walking shoes, the Step Urban Mix also makes great casual shoes for every day walks. The outlook of the shoes is indeed super sleek. You can even put them on and go to the gym for basic activities. So, put them on and feel the cloud under your feet and go anywhere you want by walking.
- High breathability
- Superior cushiony comfort
- Shock absorbing
- High-performance and durable
- Nice bounce back
- Comes in multiple colors
- Available in both regular and wide sizes and true to size
- No notable arch support
2. Reebok Work N Cushion 3.0 Men’s Walking Shoes
- DURABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIAL: These sneakers feature soft leather and synthetic upper with a mesh lining for protection and breathability
- EFFICIENT FOOT SUPPORT: EVA midsole and a Memory Tech LT sockliner provide responsive cushioning support which lasts many strolls and jogs
- COMFORTABLE AND STURDY DESIGN: Low-cut design for freedom of motion and quicker transition keeps you moving all day long
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE CASUAL SHOES: High abrasion and slip-resistant rubber outsole for durability and traction; Ideal for daily, casual and athleisure wear
The Reebok Work N Cushion 3.0 Walking Shoes is everything you need in your life! Out of all the walking shoes we have picked, the Reebok ones are the most stylish shoes. You’ll absolutely love the smart-casual style that is also approved for wearing at your workplace. Most of the reviews online claimed that they are marveled at the comfortable build of these top-quality shoes.
The construction of this particular footwear is flawless and designed for long hours at work, or on the road when you’re walking. These black-color sneakers feature a soft and synthetic leather upper that has built-in shoelaces along with mesh linings that add protection as well as breathability.
You will enjoy the efficient support these shoes provide. EVA midsoles boost the comfort level while the Memory Tech LT sockliners ensure support with responsive cushioning. The comfortability and support are plenty to get you through the day in the busy urban city or multiple strolls and jogs.
The low-cut sturdy design is especially for motion freedom and faster transition. The Beveled heel also increases your walking stride. Reebok put a lot of effort to make these shoes perfect for shock-absorbing, high abrasion, and slip-resistant. Thanks to the durable rubber outsoles for that. Overall, they’re ideal for daily work, casual, and athleisure wear.
- High-performance walking shoes
- Sturdy construction and materials
- Nice breathability and durability
- Have excellent slip resistance on both watery oi oily surface
- Available in all sizes
- Run a little large
- The upper may discolor over time
- Need to break in before making it flexible
3. Camel Crown Men’s Outdoor Hiking Shoes
- ➤Leather Uppers: Mens hiking shoes made of first-layer nubuck leather, for easy care, durability, and heightened breathability. Double stitched in higher stress areas for extra durability.
- ➤Protection: Low top hiking boots with a sturdy rubber cover over the forefoot area for protection, gusseted tongue help relieve lace pressure, padded collar to protect ankles effectively
- ➤Great Traction: Rubber outsole features a 5mm lug depth, while multiple lug patterns offer the hiking boot a multi-directional grip and multi-surface traction. You won't be worried on rugged and wet terrain
- ➤Breathability: Blended fabric in the lining help wick moisture away from feet, keep your feet dry and healthy, suitable for all seasons. Hiking shoes for men bulit with removable insole so that you can replace it when necessary
- ➤Occasion: Best choice for city walking, rocky trail, hiking ,backpacking trip, light mountaineering, trekking, camping, casual walking and work. No matter if you are an ourdoor enthusiasts, or a comfortable pioneers, this hiking shoes men will blaze your own trail and bring you unforgettable experiences.
You might be wondering- can you wear hardcore hiking shoes for walking purposes? The answer is YES! Camel Crown made their Men’s Hiking Shoes with genuine water-resistance leather upper. Moreover, the first-layer durable nubuck upper is easy to care for and clean. They also have waterproof rubber toe caps for protection.
These walking/hiking shoes come with gusseted tongues that help relieve the lace pressure. The padded collars work like a charm to protect and stabilize your ankles effectively. Don’t worry, those padded collars and pads add amazing comfort as well. Additionally, you’re getting the soft Bk textile linings that give you breathable and flexible experiences.
What makes them the best city and urban walking shoes is you can wear these shoes every season. They have great breathability due to the blended fabric linings that wick moisture and keep your feet healthy and sweat-free. Besides, the materials in the midsoles have high shock absorption capability and ensure long-lasting cushioning for all-day-long comfort.
Like any other top-quality walking shoes, these have rubber outsoles. The best part is they have multiple lug patterns at the bottom and the lugs are 5mm in depth and offer a multi-directional grip as well as multi-surface traction. Walking on uneven roads, going upstairs, you don’t need to be worried anymore, the rugged Rubber outsoles will confirm maximum traction and non-slip protection.
- Protective toes keep you safe from injury
- Durable system and construction
- High-quality materials
- Excellent grip and traction
- Outstanding breathability
- Great for walking or hiking equally
- Comes in all sizes
- available in Khaki and Black color
- Nothing found serious
4. Rockport Eureka Men’s Walking Shoes
- GENUINE LEATHER: Leather upper is easy to clean and maintain, so these walking shoes for men look and feel even better with time
- FATIGUE-FIGHTING FOOTBED: Latex foam footbed generously cushions the foot to help reduce foot fatigue as you stand and walk
- BREATHABLE LINING: Moisture-wicking mesh lining offers breathability to create extra-comfortable walking shoes for men
- IMPACT-ABSORBING: EVA midsole provides flexible, lightweight impact absorption
- STABILITY AND TRACTION: Rubber outsole offers long-wearing durability, and helps to maintain a sure stride on a variety of surfaces
Looking for the most comfortable shoes because your daily activity includes a lot of walking? Well, we have just the right shoes for you! The Rockport Eureka Men’s walking shoes are an example of minimalist yet top-notch walking shoes that get the job done while keeping your feet safe and sound.
Made with authentic leather, the upper is easy to maintain and clean. The upper has shoelaces that let you enjoy a customized snug fit so that your feet stay in place. Rockport inserted mesh lining that offers moisture-wicking and breathability. These features immediately boost up the shoes’ extra-comfort level. If you wear them every day for a long, don’t worry they’ll remain nice and comfy to your feet.
Getting blisters and irritation is very common, but that’s only common if you wear poor quality shoes. These Eureka shoes have padded collars to prevent blisters and irritation and allow optimal cushioned comfort at the same time. The EVA midsoles are quite flexible, lightweight, and absorb impacts quickly. Removable latex footbeds increase cushioning softness.
With the San Crispino construction, you’re getting a wide base of stability and support and that includes heel stability as well. Also, these shoes have a Strobel construction designed to give the forefoot the necessary flexibility. The fatigue-fighting soles help reduce stress as you walk or stand. On top of these features, these beautiful shoes have rubber outsoles exclusively made to give you long-wearing durability. You’ll be also able to maintain a sure stride on multiple surfaces. So what are you waiting for? Grab one pair today!
- Exclusive comfort and breathability
- Sturdy construction
- Forefoot protection is amazing
- Ensured stability and support
- Outstanding durability
- Stylish color and look
- Available in regular, wide, and extra-wide sizes
- Shoes may fall apart after 4-6 months but that depends on how much you will use them.
5. New Balance Men’s 1300 V1 Walking Shoes
Are you into sturdy shoes even when it comes to walking? Then we have good news for you! The 1300 V1 Men’s walking shoes by New Balance is built to take on the trails as well as for exploring the cities. 1300 is an ideal blend of modern technology and outdoor style.
Right off the bat, these shoes feature a solid leather upper that has waterproof membranes in it. The upper also offers great durability and a secure, comfortable fit. The shoes also have good quality gusseted tongues and on top, they have elastic shoelaces that let your feet slide in the shoes without any hassle.
These outdoor shoes are packed with versatility. How? Well, the modern design details and silhouette create a stylish finish. These allow you to wear them for hiking as well as for any post-hike hangout, or even on normal outings. These trail shoes also come with rubber outsoles that provide much-needed durability. Don’t worry about the traction for your daily walks in urban cities either, these bad boys got you covered!
Now, let’s come to their comfort level. These walking shoes have EVA midsoles to give you your desired comfort. The mesh linings maintain breathability. Plus, they have the ROLLBAR® posting system and Nylon shanks that enhance the support and stability and controls the rear-foot movement so that you can keep fatigues reduced on longer walks.
- Great for both gentle trails and sidewalks
- Amazing quality of the upper and soles
- Ensured stability and support
- Waterproof, keep debris away as well
- Outstanding durability and comfort
- Stylish color and look-
- Available in regular, wide, and extra-wide too
- The soles might feel stiff to some people
What to look for best city walking shoes?
Treating your feet with kind and comfortable shoes is beyond important. Before you buy your next city walking shoes, here are a few things we have pointed out that we all should consider when it comes to evaluating your shoes:
Comfort Over Fashion:
As you’re going to wear your walking shoes every day, it’s a normal behavior as a consumer to look for an attractive or stylish pair. Maybe the trendy shoes are very popular on Instagram right now. But are they comfortable? Honestly, it doesn’t matter how fashionable your shoes are — if they feel uncomfortable after trying them on, do not buy them. Don’t get tempted by the beautiful outlook and waste your money on things that will only cause pain. Remember, it takes one small blister to ruin your entire day.
Support & Insoles/Midsoles:
Walking shoes with a nice pair of insoles/midsoles can make your day-to-day activities much more comfortable. Don’t forget the look for a shoe that offers plenty of arch and ankle support. You can also add a pair of Ortholite footbeds in your shoes if you want.
Wear the right shoes at the right place:
Matching your shoes to your destination is a very important consideration — especially if you’re traveling instead of walking in urban cities to run errands. Go for a shoe that has good grip and traction if you’re going to a non-city destination.
Correct Fit and Size:
This is not a new thing to any of us. But look extra carefully when you’re trying your city walking shoes. Without correct fit and size, those shoes are of no use.
Well, you might be thinking, it’s hot and sunny and you’re going out only for a few hours, you don’t need socks. Let me tell you, you’re wrong! We tend to spend a big chunk of money on our shoes but then, unfortunately, we either wear no socks or throw on a pair of cheap poor-quality socks. This only makes our walking more uncomfortable and eventually unbearable. A pair of quality socks will prevent bad odor, blisters, and keep your feet comfortable.
Break In your walking shoes:
You need to break every shoe, to be honest. Even the ones that claim no break-in is needed. Buying the best city walking shoes and then not being able to wear them due to insufficient or no break-in is sad. Many of us forget to follow this step and then go out to walk in them and then return home with bad painful blisters. Before you go for a longer city walks, break in your shoes at least for a couple of weeks.
Walking shoes vs Running Shoes
Many of us often have this question — is there really a difference between walking and running shoes? We all know the fact that our bodies react to walking and running differently. Not only feet, but the impact is also felt with your muscles. Since these two activities are different, podiatrists figures out you need walking shoes for walking purposes and running shoes for running. But what makes them different from each other?
We all know running shoes are lightweight but have heavy cushioning, and this cushioning is focused on the heel and toe areas mostly. Since running is more intense compares to walking, runners exert more energy. You also move your feet in a way that when it hits the ground, you have less or no control over them. Running shoes keeps you on the ground and saves you from bad impacts, and prevents ankle and knee injury. As you run, your feet get hot but they have good air-ventilation to keep your feet cool and remove hot spots.
Walking shoes, on the other hand, came to the market in 1986. They are comparatively heavier than running shoes. The breathability level is also low but they ensure excellent arch support. They also offer nice and natural shock absorption if you have a high arch. Moreover, walking shoes have more cushioning than running shoes. Some are even ultra-soft. Besides these, walking shoes also offer great stability to open up your scope for more activities.
Here are the five main differences we have pointed out that make running shoes different from walking shoes:
- Soles: Running shoes tend to have stiffer soles; whereas walking shoes have soles that are more on the flexible side.
- Heels: Most running shoes have thicker heel wedges. Walking shoes are constructed with less thick heel wedges because thick, heavy heel may cause tendinitis or shin splints.
- Cushion: Walking shoes have more cushioning than running shoes.
- Motion control: Foot rotation is exaggerated when you’re running, which is why they offer motion controlling properties to keep your feet neutral. On the other hand, walking shoes give you less stability because it’s not necessary.
- Weight: Running shoes are made lightweight to help you move faster. This is why walking shoes are comparatively heavier than running shoes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use walking shoes for everyday use?
Of course, you can! Most walking shoes are designed in a way to give you miles of ultra-soft cushioning. These walk-specific shoes also have the necessary support and breathability so you can keep them on all day and not get fatigued. Because they are made very carefully with proper construction, you can wear some of them for hiking purposes as well. So, fear not if you wear or want to wear your walking shoes for everyday use. Indeed, they might wear out a little faster, but it is totally worth the benefits you will receive.
It is important to treat your feet well. Compared to other shoes, walking shoes aren’t actually that complicated. They are simple, straight-forward, and do exactly what they are designed to do. You just have to keep a few things in mind and then you’re good to go. Once you have your best city and urban walking shoes on, just roam around the city or travel on foot. No discomfort, no injury. Only unlimited comfort and happy feet after miles of walking.