Let them say whatever they want, but running is not an easy sport. Although it may look or seem easy, in reality, runners come across more physical injuries than a regular trainer, gym-goer, or walker. Hence, you need the most supportive running shoes. Without that don’t even think about going out for a run. You never know when you will lack balance. This is why podiatrists always recommend wearing shoes that have a lot of support in them. This is to keep you safe and enjoy your other regular activity painlessly. So, let’s take a look at what we have for you today!
5 Most Supportive Running Shoe Comparison
Most Supportive Running Shoes: Top 5 Reviewed
Here it comes in random order.
1. Saucony Cohesion 11 Women’s Running Shoes
- Grid supportive cushioning
- Durable rubber outsole
- Supportive upper overlays
Where technology meets style, comes the Saucony Cohesion-11 Woman’s running shoes. Here you can see the supportive synthetic and mesh combined upper that have some overlays to add an athletic outlook to this footwear. Moreover, the textile upper offers super breathability so that your feet stay dry.
Are you an entry-level runner whose main priority is support and comfort? Good news! Saucony made these trainers especially for you! Cohesion-11 is extremely comfortable because of the engineered GRID cushioning. The GRID ensures your stability and gives cushioning comfort to your heels. As a result, when you run, you can enjoy the amazing rebound. If you think your running need high-level support, you’ll see how magically these running shoes are doing their job.
Around the ankle area, there are nice padding with soft linings that will give you superior ankle support prevent you from getting any sprain or other similar injuries. Additionally, they offer extra support to your feet with their insoles. On top of everything, Cohesion-11’s rubber outsoles provide you a lot of flexibility despite your running style.
For the price you’ll pay, the Cohesion-11 is indeed one of the most supportive running shoes on the market. So why don’t you clock-up the miles with these stunning and comfortable running shoes?
- Supportive to various running style
- The upper provides support too
- Cushioning comfort all day long
- Comes in 10 colors and designs
- Both wide and regular sizes available
- Durable and shock absorbing
- No vibrant color available
- The insufficient grip on wet/slippery surfaces
2. ASICS Gel-Contend 6 Women’s Running Shoes
- Midfoot support panel
- Breathable athletic mesh
- Removable OrthoLite Impressions sockliner provides responsive cushioning for comfort
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance
- Amplifoam midolse is engineered to maintain durability at softer densities, providing better flexibility, comfort, and platform adaptability ideal for natural running
Stomp on the yard with the new ASICS Gel-Contend 6 Women’s Running Shoes. Whether you go for a run in the bridleways or on the road for running or jogging, these shoes got you covered. We’re super happy to see the shoes’ comfortable mesh combined upper which has nice breathability. To add support and integrity, you’re getting a laminated mid cage on top to stabilize your feet. The adjustable vibrant shoe-laces are given for a secure fit.
You’ll surely enjoy the shoe’s padded collar and tongue which will give you great ankle support. Feel the flexibility and platform adaptability with every step while running in these shoes. Specially made for neutral runners who need support, these Gel-Contend 6 feature the most amazing AmpliFoam midsoles.
As they’re lightweight, Gel-Contend 6 won’t tire you out during your distant running. Like any of Asics’ best-selling shoes, Gel-Contend 6 also features Rearfoot Gel cushioning system back there. It’ll attenuate shock and provide comfort. Besides reducing the impacts, it’ll also ensure a smoother transition despite your speed of running.=
Moisture-wicking Ortholite sockliners will give you a supportive feel. And, as these shoes can prove arch support, the internal heel counter will lock down your midfoot to give you sufficient balance. I see no issue with these shoes here. So pick these guys up from ASICS today1
- Technologically advanced construction
- Energetic feeling with every step
- Will keep you steady
- Comfortable running and transition
- Protect feet from getting bunions, shin splints, and plantar fasciitis.
- Great energy-return
- Come in 10+ different styles
- Not slip-resistant to wet, and oily surfaces
3. HKR Women’s Arch Support Walking/Running Shoes
- [STRETCHABLE FABRIC UPPER]: Whether it's naturally breathable materials, technical membranes and meshes or Active Air technology, our shoes help you move more comfortably
- [EASY ON AND OFF]: Are you tired of just lacing your darn shoes every time? These women's walking shoes feature elastic slip-on closure with a small tab at the backs to help users pull them on
- [REDUCE HEEL PAIN]: The women's walking shoes with Arch Support insole as well as Memory Foam construction which are a great option for women who suffer from plantar fasciitis, bunions, and other foot pain, our shoes provide support where it's needed most
- [GREAT TRACTION]: Cushion design softens your steps, durable rubber outsole will keep you safe, stable and comfortable on any terrain. The work shoes for women are both attractive and functional
- [OCCASIONS]: These sock sneakers for women are great for any daily occasions, such as walking, long time standing, work, food service, nursing, gardening, shopping, traveling, driving, jazz, tap dance, street jazz, leisure, athletic, workout, indoor and outdoor activities
Want to run risk-free? HKR Women’s Arch Support Walking/Running Shoes are certainly the most supportive shoes. But how good are they? Well, right off the box, the shoes have a stretchable soft mesh knit fabric upper that looks and feels like socks. The technical membranes and meshes activate the shoes’ natural breathability with their Active-Air technology.
To save your time, the shoes feature an elastic slip-on closure and a small tab at the back for easy put-on. To help you run comfortably, these shoes come with Arch Support insoles paired with Memory Foam for exceptional cushioning and overall foot support. This is extremely beneficial for runners who suffer from bunions, plantar fasciitis, and other foot injury or pain,
Traction is very important if your want your shoes to be 100% supportive. This is why these shoes have Great Traction durable Rubber soles that assure you excellent grip on any surfaces. While the cushioning softens your steps, the ultra-light PU rubber outsoles keep you safe and stable on different terrains.
With these shoes, you should be in relief that you’re less prone to injury. Shoes’ design also says that you won’t fall and run smoothly with maximum support. Besides running, they’re great for other daily activities. So, what’s stopping you from buying this pair?
- Attractive and functional
- Exclusive breathability
- Easy on/off
- Provide support exactly where it’s needed the most
- Minimizes heel and other foot pain
- Suitable for both indoors and outdoors
4. Under Armour Charged Assert 8 Men’s Running Shoe
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- Lightweight mesh upper with 3-color digital print delivers complete breathability
- Durable leather overlays for stability & that locks in your midfoot
- EVA sockliner provides soft, step-in comfort
- Charged Cushioning midsole uses compression molded foam for even greater responsiveness & durability, providing optimal cushioning & energy return
Want a pair that has both cushion and support? Under Armour Charged Assert 8 shoes can make your wish come true. The cushions are soft as pillows, and the arch support is incomparable. Assert-8 can give you comfort, flexibility, and most importantly balance.
The colorful mesh upper is made of 84% Polyester along with 16% Elastane which makes the shoes extremely lightweight. A lightweight shoe that’s also good with support- crazy, right? The stability is added by the leather overlays at the front and the locked-in lace-up system on the top.
These low-top shoes are absolutely stunning for runners who want to add additional support. Assert-r has EVA sock liners that feel genuinely soft. That’s why every time you take a step, you feel nothing but comfort and pleasure.
One of the interesting features of these shoes is their Charged Cushioning midsoles. They’re designed with compressed molded foam that increases the shoes’ durability, energy return, and optimal support. Not to mention, they’re super responsive to your running motion.
These high-performance shoes will keep you safe and at the same time get the job done no matter where you plan to run. The 100% solid synthetic rubber outsoles give you a nice grip and traction despite the type of surface you land on. They also cover zones that have a high impact for better durability and the best result. In a nutshell, these shoes are amazing and you will enjoy every bit of them. So, grab shoes today to step your game up!
- Cushioning comfort and stability
- Great breathability
- Flexible and quickly adaptive
- Doesn’t change your perfect running style
- Over 10+ different colors
- Both regular and wide sizes are available
- Keep you well-balanced on the ground
5. KEEN Women’s Presidio Shoes
- Supportive, adventurous lace-up with cushioned footbed and collar. Supportive sole. Grippy tread. Cleansport NXT for natural odor control
Arch support is everything that makes a pair of shoes wearable. You should never go for shoes that have a poor support system. Hence we have the KEEN Women’s Presidio Shoes for you. As the tagline says, these shoes are consciously made for a better planet- meaning they’re made of environmentally preferred leather.
Put the heels away for a while. Because Keen has given these shoes just the perfect touch of fashion besides its running purpose Water-Resistant Upper and Leather Linings make the shoes easy to wear. Designed to go the distance, Presidio will keep feet dry and comfortable all day long.
The Presidio comes with the dual-density Keen Metatomical EVA removable footbeds that guarantee] arch support as they allow hugging the natural shape of your feet. Moreover, these shoes have patented ‘Keen. Protect’ toe protection that wraps up the forefoot area and also over the outsoles for thorough coverage of the entire toe box. Lastly, these Oxford-style shoes have non-marking rubber outsoles that deliver great traction and assure you steady steps on a variety of terrains.
- Breathable leather linings ensure breathability
- Contoured support
- Natural odor control
- A superior internal support mechanism
- Can be worn with casual outfits as well
- True to size
- Comes in only two colors
- Upper won’t hug your feet if you have narrow feet
What to look for in the best supportive running shoes?
To keep your knees, ankle, and feet free of any pain, you need to wear the most supportive running shoes. Wearing shoes without support will only cause more damage. Hence a pair of supportive shoe is important to keep you back, joints, and hip healthy. Here are some of the things you need to keep in mind:
Go for a shoe that has a sock-like supper or as an alternative, a good lace-up system to help you adjust and secure the fitting of your shoes. You don’t want the shoes to slip off your feet, do you? Pick a shoe that has thick (but not too bulky) padding. This will act as a barrier too. A soft ankle collar cannot give you enough ankle support. That’s why wear sturdy ankle-supportive shoes.
Heel Counter and Cushioning:
Make sure your supportive running shoes have heels that control your ankle motions and add arch support. Heel cushioning comes in handy to balance between ground-feel and stability in the shoes. It also enables high-level responsiveness.
Without sufficient arch support, your joints will suffer from serious injuries, like strain, plantar fasciitis, etc. Shoes will great arch support diminishes excessive pressure and relieve foot pain that was caused by injuries. If you already have an injury, definitely go for shoes with appropriate arch support.
This may not seem too important, but a supportive toe box keeps your toenails and toes free of any pain. It also allows the forefoot to spread and flex naturally while running without putting too much pressure.
Make sure the insoles of the shoes contours your feet. Shoes with cushioning properties in them usually can do that. Contouring footbeds also prevent micro-trauma and keeps you going.
Midsoles with compressed molded foam can give you optimal comfort. But remember, excessive cushioning doesn’t mean the best-supporting shoes. So, I advise you to check the firmness and softness of the midsoles.
Avoid shoes that have soft outsoles. If support is your main concern, make sure the soles are made out of durable and hard, yet flexible materials. Don’t forget to check the rebound ability.
If you successfully can check all of these properties while buying a pair of supportive running shoes, you will definitely find the right shoes for yourself.
Which kind of support your shoes may need for your feet?
There are various kinds of support that you might need when it comes to your running shoes. Based on the feet injury and comfort, shoe support can be of many types.
Despite your arch height, your feet need arch support. Shoes with arch-supporting Orthotic insoles will protect you from plantar fasciitis and other foot pain. Arch supportive shoes will evenly distribute your feet’ pressure, add stability, and balance, and reduces old foot pain, and prevent your arch from collapsing.
Ankle support isn’t solely for those who already a sprained ankle, this is also for runners who want to be extra careful. Nothing can be more painful than a sprained ankle and to prevent yourself from getting one you have to wear shoes that have good ankle support. High-top shoes with plenty of padding in the collar and tongue are the best way to achieve ankle support.
Have you recently hurt your heels? It’s probably heel spurs or plantar fasciitis. Whatever it is, you need proper shoes with heel support when oral medication is no longer enough. Heel supportive shoes will give you a quick recovery from pain and soon you will be able to do your activities like before.
Bad knees are more common than you think it is. Bending your knees repeatedly, falling and getting hit, torn ligament, overpronation, unbalanced running or walking, wearing non-cushioned shoes, etc might be the reason for your bad knees. And when you’re facing such torment, wear a shoe that has a lot of cushioning. Only the extra cushion in your shoes can provide you the knee support you need.
Do you know- wrong sleeping position isn’t the only reason for your back pain? Your shoes can be the culprit too. Shoes that can absorb shock instantly and distribute pressure evenly are the best in this case. Shoes with cushioning, padding, and flexible soles are the best for back support. If if you don’t have any back pain at this moment, it’s best to wear them to yourself safe from future back/rib pain.
How do you know if a shoe has good arch support or not?
One way to examine the shoe’s arch support is by twisting the shoes. To do that, hold a shoe from a pair in both of your hands and then twist the toe away from your body and towards the heel. If you think it was hard to twist, congratulations, the shoes have good arch support.
Another way to test a shoe’s arch support is by pushing on the back of the heel counter to the front. The harder it is to push, the more arch-supportive the shoes are. If you push very gently and the heel counter moves immediately a lot, that shoe has no arch support. So, this is how you know if your shoes have good arch support or not.
The support system of a shoe is undoubtedly the most essential feature. Many of us mistakenly buy shoes without proper support and later we suffer the consequences of wearing those shoes. You longer want that, do you? This is why I recommend you pick one of these best supportive running shoes for your future pain and injury free running